Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So where are we in this adoption process?


That is the question we are so often asked. It's hard to explain if you aren't familiar with the process, so let me explain as best I can. I may even get it wrong myself.  You see this is different from our Guatemalan adoption in 2005. 
Here is where we are and where we have to go:
-We are presently waiting for our LID (Log-in-date) from China. This means our dossier (paperwork/portfolio) is there and we are waiting to be acknowledged and "logged-in".
-Next comes another BIG step..LOA (Letter of Acceptance). This is China saying "yes" you may adopt said child.
-Then we file I-800 (getting US permission to adopt said child and bring her home as a U.S. citizen)
-Next is TA (travel approval). Usually once TA is issued it's about another month (I THINK) until travel.

All of these steps take time. LID to LOA is running anywhere from a month, to over three months!

So...while I am trying not to make hasty purchases for Hannah not knowing her size really, or her likes and dislikes (remember she is 4), it is hard to pass by cute girl stuff and not stop. This is all I have purchased to date.

 Cute Thirty-One backpack I found on clearance and her bedding!


Couldn't resist this dress..I figured it could be a little big or small and work next spring!
 
Princess dress up..once again..on clearance, and then a cute P.J. set from Costco. I love Costco a little too much:-)


We know Hannah is in foster care and has been since she was 9 months old. At this point we don't know if she has been with the same family all this time or not.  Why has she been in foster care for so long and not adopted? Only God knows!  Because she was meant to be with us? Now she is, but I don't think God ever meant for her to be abandoned as an infant. But what the enemy meant to harm, God will turn to good and use for HIS glory. That is our purpose..to bring HIM glory.  
So my sweet Hannah Amelia...while we wait to meet your beautiful self, here is a verse I feel the Lord has given me for you!

Isaiah 43:1~"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."  You belong to The Father Hannah Amelia. You are precious in his sight and he has you in the palm of His hand. He will never leave, nor forget you. You are not hidden from Him.  

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely God uses the enemy's work to bring good to all of his children. Hannah is a precious little girl and I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete